08/07 3:04 UTC: The issue has been resolved. Please let us know if you continue to have trouble, or if you have any questions or concerns.
08/05 15:03 UTC: Our systems team continues to investigate an issue with a file server. This issue may have caused some sites on our platform to become temporarily inaccessible in the last 24 hours. We will update with more information as it becomes available.
08/04 15:09 UTC: We began seeing a number of reports of 502 errors for some sites on our platform. We’ve narrowed the cause down to an issue with a file server, which we’ve already addressed as of about 10:20AM
We are currently investigating an issue related to sites running an out of date version of the MailChimp for WooCommerce plugin.
We are in the processes of batch updating this plugin across our network and will update this post as soon as more information is available.
UPDATE 5:05 PM Central: All affected sites have been updated to the latest version of the plugin. We are going to investigate this issue and will provide more details as necessary.
If you have specific questions or concerns, please submit a ticket from your https://my.pressable.com panel or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
UPDATE: 01/11/2018 UTC 17:23: All servers have now been updated to 7.0.27 which has a fix for the regression which appeared in php 7.0.26.
UPDATE: 11/30/2017 UTC 18:53: We have now rolled back our PHP version to 7.0.25 Your NextGEN plugin should function as it did prior to our PHP upgrade.
With our PHP upgrade from 7.0.25 to 7.0.26 , we have discovered an issue with the NextGEN Gallery plugin. The PHP upgrade is causing a PHP Fatal error and Segfault with this particular plugin. We have found this to be a reported issue on the plugin’s support forums as well:
After discussions with the plugin’s developers. we found the bug to be within the PHP release itself and not the actual plugin. We are currently in process of reverting back to an earlier version of PHP to avoid this issue until a new release is out with a fix.
As always, if you have any questions , please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team:
18:43:49 UTC We’ve experienced intermittent problems sending outbound mail through Monday morning. At this time, we’ve investigated and resolved the issue.
If you have trouble of any sort, please report it to our helpdesk
At approximately 7:24 PM Central on 4/11 (00:24 UTC on 4/12), we experienced a brief outage for some sites on our network. We isolated the issue and site availability was restored to normal at approximately 7:30 PM Central (00:30 UTC).
We will continue to monitor the situation but do not expect further issues. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our help desk by submitting a ticket from your https://my.pressable.com control panel.
UPDATE: 19:16 UTC everything back to normal
UPDATE: 19:06 UTC services appear to be restored, we are in the process of creating “mystagingwebsite.com” sub-domain entries that failed to create during the outage.
We are aware of a delay that is impacting the creation of sub-domains on the “mystagingwebsite.com” domain for newly created sites. This issue is due to an API outage at our upstream DNS provider. More details will be posted here as they become available.
On Friday, June 10th, at 17:37 UTC (12:37PM Central) we accidentally deployed a platform-wide change that caused the
DB_CHARSET value to be set incorrectly on most Pressable-hosted websites.
DB_CHARSET is very important, as it tells the web server which character set to use when talking to the database server. It’s important that the values on both the web and database servers match and our change caused a mismatch.
We identified the problem and rolled back our changes at 19:52 UTC (2:52PM Central), but during the 2 hours and 15 minutes the problem existed, if you edited any content on your site, there is a chance it’s now corrupt. This corruption can appear in a few different ways, but one obvious way is that quotes might now appear as “gibberish”. Unfortunately, the problem is not limited to pages and posts, but can also affect widgets, settings, etc.
One of the benefits of our new 2.0 platform is a high level of automation and consistency across severs and websites. This should result in a more consistent, predictable, and improved user experience. Unfortunately, in this case, our newfound automation caused a major problem and for that we apologize. We are adding additional tests, checks, and monitoring to ensure a similar problem doesn’t happen in the future.
If your site has been behaving strangely since Friday, please get in touch and we’ll help you restore things to normal.