WordPress 5.4 has been released earlier today and all sites hosted on Pressable has been automatically updated.
Here’s what is in this update:
- Two new blocks. And better blocks overall.
- Cleaner UI, clearer navigation—and easier tabbing!
- Your fundamental right: privacy
- Add custom fields to menu items—natively
- Blocks! Simpler styling, new APIs and embeds
You can read more about the update here: https://wordpress.org/news/2020/03/adderley/
If you have any questions about the update, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WordPress 5.3.1 has been released and we have updated all sites.
This update includes 46 fixes and enhancements. Additionally, it adds a variety of security fixes.
Some of the fixes and enhancements include:
- Administration: Improved admin form controls height and alignment standardization.
- Date/time: Improved non-GMT dates calculation and fixed date format output in specific languages.
- Site health: Allow the remind interval for the admin email verification to be filtered.
- Uploads: Fixed issue with thumbnails overwriting other uploads when the filename matches and excluded PNG images from scaling after upload.
- Users: Ensure that administration email verification uses the user’s locale instead of the site locale.
- Security Fix: Patched issue where an unprivileged user could make a post sticky via the REST API.
- Security Fix: Prevent cross-site scripting (XSS) from being stored in well-crafted links.
You can read more about the update and other additional fixes on the official WordPress.org blog: https://wordpress.org/news/2019/12/wordpress-5-3-1-security-and-maintenance-release/
If you have any questions about the update, please contact our support team by submitting a ticket via your https://my.pressable.com panel.